MUSEUM EXPERIENCE ASSOCIATE
Department: Finance and Operations
Reports To: Museum Experience Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Part-Time
Updated: April 11, 2016
The Museum Experience Associate is responsible for ensuring that our visitors have the highest quality Museum experience.
• Be the “face of the Museum” by maintaining a friendly and warm demeanor at all times
• Foster an environment of teamwork and commitment to the Museum’s mission
• Promote Museum membership and assist with visitor enrollment
• Answer phones, screen and forward calls, take phone messages, and provide general information regarding the Museum, directions, exhibitions/events and programs
• Track and confirm event reservations, set-up and breakdown theater for groups and meetings
• Greet Museum visitors, receive and process payments via a point of sale system, and coordinate the on-site Museum experience for our visitors
• Provide guided Museum group tours and respond to questions regarding the Museum and its exhibitions
• Ensure that all audio guides are in proper working order for visitors
• Ensuring that all audio visual equipment is properly maintained and in working order
• Perform other duties, tasks, projects, and responsibilities as needed
• Work special and fundraising events, as needed
• Assist with survivor relations by ensuring that survivors are well taken care of during their time in the Museum
• Open, close and balance the cash register on a daily basis. Complete all required daily reports for tracking daily operating transactions
• Manage weekend cash needs to ensure that the proper amount of change is on hand
• Comply with all of the Museum’s cash handling, financial accounting and financial reporting policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with individuals of all ages
• Display skills in producing detail oriented work- experience with excel is a plus
• Display strong written and verbal communication skills
• Possess a high energy level and the ability to multi-task
• Exhibit flexibility and patience with visitors, colleagues – particularly during stressful situations.
• Demonstrate the strong critical thinking skills necessary to analyze situations and identify potential solutions
• Possess some knowledge of holocaust studies or a willingness to learn
• Embraces values of Respect, Integrity, and Excellence in the workplace
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience: Minimum 3 years of recent cash handling and customer service experience in retail or retailed-related environment. Museum experience preferred but not required.
• Standing and walking are required
• Weekend work required
The Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education and Tolerance is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com